After a dazzling first semi-final in Italy, the first ten finalists of the Eurovision Song Contest have been announced. The announcement was incredibly exciting. In the Pala Alpitour in Turin the flag could be raised for the next ten countries, the results are in random order:
- Switzerland: Marius Bear – Boys Do Cry
- Armenia: Rosa-Linn – Snap
- Iceland: Sigga, Beta og Elín – Með hækkandi sól
- Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Portugal: Maro – Saudade, saudade
- Norway: Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- Greece: Amanda Tenfjord – Die Together
- Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania
- Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – Trenulețul
- Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte
Unfortunately the following seven countries failed to earn enough points for next Saturday’s grand final:
- Albania: Ronela Hajati – Sekret
- Latvia: Citi Zēni – Eat your salad
- Slovenia: LPS – Disko
- Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project – Intention
- Croatia: Mia Dimšić – Guilty Pleasure
- Denmark: Reddi – The Show
- Austria: LUM!X feat. Pia Maria – Halo
The result is based on 50% jury and 50% televoting. The jury already watched last night and determined the votes on the basis of that. The TV audience from the seventeen participating countries, along with those from France and Italy, voted tonight. The results of the semi-finals will only be announced after the final.
At the press conference afterwards, the starting parts for the ten new finalists will be drawn. Germany, France and Spain are among the direct finalists in the first part. The United Kingdom is in part two. The Italian duo Mahmood & Blanco will appear on the podium as 9th.
The final starting order is determined by the production team and will be announced in the night from Thursday to Friday. Thursday is the second semi-final. Then eighteen candidates take the stage and there are ten places in the final again to be allocated.